Welcome to Mixed Media Challenge #32! The very first mixed media challenge of 2017. Can you believe it? 2017. It HAS to be better than 2016. And we’re starting it off right with this amazing challenge from the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog.
The challenge this month is to create a project using a stencil! (The above graphic MUST be used in your own blog post.)
The January Sponsor for the Mixed Media Challenge #32 is Mary Beth Shaw of StencilGirl Products. Mary Beth is offering the lucky random winner a $25 gift certificate to the StencilGirl Store. How awesome is that?
The Mixed Media Challenge Blog is also welcoming a brand new Design Team Member — LYNNE FORSYTHE !! She is an amazing mixed media artist who currently designs for CanvasCorp Brands, UmWow Studios, and Yvonne Blair Designs/Impression Obsession. We are so lucky to have her as part of the team. Welcome, Lynne!
Okay, so here is what I created with my stencils for the Mixed Media Challenge #32 – Put a Stencil On It.
It’s a 6″ x 6″ piece of watercolor paper mounted on canvas. There’s quite a bit of subtle layering going on that can’t be seen unless you were to examine it in person — and I like that. The nuances, the surprises, the small things you can’t see on a computer screen. These things make me happy.
I imagine you might wonder why I chose such a deep brown on the edges when the center is to vibrant? I thought the interior needed grounding. Like a pulse that oftentimes gets out of control. The brown serves as a ground to that vibrancy. The batik look and feel of this particular stencil works well with a mix of bright, fluid colors.
I hope you’ll join us for the first challenge of this New Year and challenge #32…WOW!
Here are some simple guidelines to follow:
Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.
* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member’s blogs. (If you’re here? That’s a start!)
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges.
* No Backlinking allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!